You have 168 hours to complete the battle before he flees.
Lord of Darkness has 850 Million health. Up to 165 people total may participate in the battle. Of these participants, only a set number can participate based on that player's level at the time of joining the battle.
- 70 people levels 150+
- 35 people levels 100-149
- 30 people levels 50-99
- 30 people levels 1-49
Lord of Darkness has four different areas that can be attacked, each with its own health and resistance :
- Head (340 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Lord of Darkness.
- Nether Void (340 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Lord of Darkness.
- Left Arm (85 million health) - Dispatch to enable Water Weakness on Head. Reduces damage to Head by a maximum of 25% while alive.
- Right Arm (85 million health) - Dispatch to enable Earth Weakness on the Nether Void.Reduces damage to Nether Void by a maximum of 25% while alive.
- Phantom Shade (1.3 million health) - Phantom Shades are randomly summoned to players that are attacking Lord of Darkness' Head and do not have Fire Resistance, or his Left Arm and do not have Water Resistance. Only that specific player is able to attack the Shade, and the player is marked with a purple symbol next to their name in the leaderboard. Damage done to it is not recorded on the leaderboard. Reduces damage to the Head and Left Arm by a maximum of 20% with full life.
- When the Phantom Shade is defeated, the player has a chance to find a Fragment of Fire Protection. 16 of these can be combined through alchemy to create Dull Gem of Fire Protection.
- Nether Shade (1.3 million health) - Nether Shades are randomly summoned to players that are attacking Lord of Darkness' Nether Void and do not have Wind Resistance, or his Right Arm and do not have Earth Resistance. Only that specific player is able to attack the Shade, and the player is marked with a purple symbol next to their name in the leaderboard. Damage done to it is not recorded on the leaderboard. Reduces damage to the Nether Void and Right Arm by a maximum of 20% with full life.
- When the Nether Shade is defeated, the player has a chance to find a Fragment of Wind Protection. 16 of these can be combined through alchemy to create Dull Gem of Wind Protection.
- Each player can have at most one shade at a time. An existing shade prevents the summoning of another one of the same type, but it can be replace by a shade of different type if you change target and do not have the right elemental Resistance.
Lord of Darkness has Piercing, Water, and Earth Resistances, and Water and Earth Weaknesses.
- Head - +18 Piercing Resistance (Max block 18%), +15 Fire Resistance (Max block 5%), -10 Water Weakness (Maximum bonus 10%, enabled when Left Arm is defeated)
- Nether Void - +18 Piercing Resistance (Max block 18%), +15 Wind Resistance (Max block 5%), -10 Earth Weakness (Maximum bonus 10%, enabled when Right Arm is defeated)
- Left Arm - +18 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 18%), +15 Water Resistance (Max block 5%)
- Right Arm - +18 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 18%), +15 Earth Resistance (Max block 5%)
All parts of the Lord of Darkness have Divine Armor. This armor requires 550 Divine Power to get full damage, and blocks a maximum of 30%? with no Divine Power, degrading by 0.05454%? for each point of Divine Power you have.
While fighting Lord of Darkness, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Lord of Darkness's Head and Nether Void and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Lord of Darkness's Head and Nether Void has 670,000,000 HP
Thing to keep in mind: do not kill Head or Nether Void before the launch of the last weapon, as essentially half of the weapon is 'wasted' on the dead part. (unconfirmed, as old final weapon, Silverlight Angels, did entire amount of damage to NetherVoid only)
Lord of Darkness Summoned
Lord of Darkness Slain
The portal opens up to the surface, the expectant welcome of the fresh air and warmth are replaced with a chilled frost and choking smog. By your recall it should be mid-day summer and yet the sky remains blackened and icy. The dense mist hangs in the air unyielding to the glow of your companion's torches. It seems as though the despair of Baal's return has already begun to sink into the land.
"No...he can’t be this powerful already… this is far too soon". Alperon mutters under his breath. He turns to you and describes to you the nature of this unnatural dusk. Legends tell of "The Lord of Darkness" as Baal's first plague against humanity. A demon ally no doubt summoned though the strength Baal gained in devouring all those empowered souls.
As soon as it is mentioned, a flickering shadow forms stretching its way across the gloom. It hastily approaches your party, its figure outlined faintly in the starless sky. Voicelessly it beckons forth shades to encircle your party. They swoop down parting the ranks of your men, carrying their victims off into the darkness.
Alperon leads the charge, a halo of light jutting forth, illuminating the surrounding area. Each fall of his mighty hammer emits a burst of light sending the shades shrieking and twisting away. You fight amidst the glow, your attacks seeming to fall short of the massive black phantom. Quickly losing sight of your escort, you wade deeper into the thick miasma. Now completely enveloped in the canopy of darkness you blindly swing into the dark veil. All seems lost when suddenly your blade catches hold. The wraith screams and pulls back as translucent purple liquid sprays from its center. In the distance, a faint ray of light parts the clouds and shines down upon your blade. For the first time you can fully perceive the horror that surrounds you. Now is the time – you dash forward in at once; Alperon rejoins - once again at your side. Together you cut away the remaining veil. It seems as though even Baal's shadow proved to be a resilient foe. As your raise up to strike the final blow, the blackness swirls around your new ally pulling him towards its center. You reach out to grasp Alperon's hand but the void's pull is too strong. Cassandra's laughter can be heard echoing though valley as Alperon sinks into the retreating darkness. Dawn breaks across the land freeing your party from the shadows – and yet with the loss of Alperon - the feeling of dread has only gotten stronger.
Rewards While Fighting Lord of Darkness
Fragment of Fire Protection
Fragment of Wind Protection
108 Attack Essence
Rewards After Slaying Lord of Darkness
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
Loot Damage Threshold
- 1 Epic Drop
- Starts: 5,022,317
- 99%: 6.2 million
- 2 Epic Drop
- Starts: 8,373,593
- 99%: 12.6 million
- Legendary Drop
- Starts: 9,414,052
- 99%: 15 Million
Use this text string to post damage needed in monster chat:
- 1 epic 6.2M, epic 12.6M; Legendary 15M
- Believed to be 22 Million
- 20 Shadewings, along with 12 Shadowsworn Swords and 11 Void Gauntlets, can be combined to create Nethervoid Plate, (Armor, 40 att/50 def, no Divine Power)
- 16 Fragment of Fire Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Fire Protection
- 16 Fragment of Wind Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Wind Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Fury are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Fury
- 6 Dull Shard of Earth Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Earth Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Earth Fury are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Earth Fury
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Piercing are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Piercing
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Resistance are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Resistance
- Introduced December 20, 2012