Fenix, Risen From Ashes can be summoned on the Alchemy Summons page if you have the Orb of Fenix, which comes from the Land of Fire's Special Mission:The Great Phoenix and are at least level 75.
You have 168 hours to defeat Fenix before he flees.
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill||5% Health (Conquest)|
|Fenix, Risen from Ashes||Epic Boss||-||?||168 hours||34,500,000|
|Talons||110,000,000||0||5||0||0||-5||While alive, blocks up to 20% to Head|
|Fire Shield||130,000,000||0||5||0||0||-5||While alive, blocks up to 25% to Head|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||Legendary||Gold Medal|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
Fenix has 690,000,000 health. Use this text string to post DMG needed in monster chat:
- 1 Epic 5.5M, 2 Epic 10.3M, Legendary 80% 18.0M
Participants: up to 155 people total, with the following distribution:
- 60 people levels 150+
- 35 people levels 100-149
- 30 people levels 50-99
- 30 people levels 1-49
Fenix has three different areas that can be attacked, each with its own health and resistance:
- Head (450 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Fenix.
- Talons (110 million health) - Reduces damage to Head up to 20% while alive, scaled by the amount of health left.
- Fire Shield (130 million health) - Reduces damage to Head up to 25% while alive, scaled by the amount of health left.
Damage reduction from Talons and Fire Shield is applied *after* piercing damage is taken off.
- Example: You attack with no piercing when both are at full health, you will lose 10% to the piercing shield, and 45% of the rest due to the protective parts.
Fenix has Piercing and Fire Resistance.
- Head - +10 Piercing Resistance (Max block 10%)
- Talons - +5 Fire Resistance (Maximum block 5%), -5 Water Weakness (up to 5% extra damage can be done with Water Offense)
- Fire Shield - +5 Fire Resistance (Maximum block 5%), -5 Water Weakness (up to 5% extra damage can be done with Water Offense)
While fighting Fenix, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Fenix's Head and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Fenix's Head has 450,000,000 HP
|Click to display|
Before the Quest
The cavern reeks of sulfur and everything is covered in a heavy ash. What lies deeper within this cavern?
You can see a bright glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. You cautiously follow the path downwards, your hand ready to draw your weapon at a moments notice. The cavern opens up to a large pit. What was the purpose of this journey? There seems to be nothing here. Suddenly, in an instant, a blast of fiery air sweeps through the giant, cavernous room. The light blinds you for a moment. When you are able to open your eyes, you seem a giant majestic Phoenix hovering over you.
You hear a voice inside your head. It seems to be coming from the Phoenix....
Fenix: You have come as the prophecy has stated. You must face me before I can entrust you with the message! Fenix Summoned
A message? What message was the legendary bird talking about? You did not have long to ponder the thought as the majestic phoenix flapped its wings, forcing a huge gale of almost scalding air in your direction. You quickly order your army to take refuge behind the large columns of earth supporting the humongous cavern. However, some of the army members were not so lucky as the increasingly hot air burned them alive, their dying screeches sending shivers down your spine.
Fenix stops flapping its fiery wings and starts to swoop towards the columns, crashing through them with ease. The large earthen columns start crashing down causing you and your army to scramble for shelter elsewhere. With your protection now gone, if Fenix were to start flapping its wings again, it would surely mean the end of you. You order your men to make a counterattack. However, their attacks seem pointless as arrows, spears, and other weapons have no effect on the great bird.
While surveying the area for options, a glimmer from the far end of the cavern catches the corner of your eye. At this point, it seems to be your only option. You make a mad dash towards the glinting treasure. When you reach your destination, you find a large trove of what seems to be powerful relics; a large aegis adorned with a phoenix engraving and a mystical bow crafted out of fire. You pick up the shield first and feel an incredible wave of power wash over you. It was fortunate that you picked up the shield first as the powerful phoenix claws at you with its fiery talons. You guard yourself with the mighty shield and it deflects the waves of fire headed at you.
As the phoenix retreats from its failed attacks, you stow the shield on your back and pick up the bow of flames. It feel weightless in your hands. As you grasp the bow, a magical arrow forms out of thin air. You take aim at the phoenix and let the fiery arrow fly. The arrow finds its mark right through the chest of the phoenix. The fiery bird lets out a loud screech and disappears into a large cloud of smoke, feathers, and ash. As the smoke and ash settle, a small phoenix where the once majestic monster was has taken its place.
Fenix: "You are indeed the one from the prophecy. I can now entrust you with this message. The winds of change will sweep across this land and bring forth an era of great hardship, tough trials, and much grief. However, you must remember all that you have learned throughout your past trials and never lose your way. Because there will a moment in the near future where you will have to make a decision that will change the course of history. The decision will be tough but you must remember your vows as warrior and not veer from that path. Godspeed warrior."
A decision? What could it be?
Rewards while fighting Fenix
105 Damage Essence
Rewards after slaying Fenix
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
Plate of Fenix
| Life Reborn|
Loot thresholds for 99%:
- Epic: 1 - 5,480,000 (starts at 2,340,000), 2 - 10,220,000 (starts at 4,050,000)
- Legendary: 1 - 18,000,000 for 80% (starts at 5,010,000)
- Aegis from Ashes (Off-hand: 50 Attack, 55 Defense). Needs:
- Dull Gem of Fire Fury. Needs:
- Bronze Ingot of Physical Piercing. Needs:
- Bronze Ingot Stack of Physical Piercing. Needs:
- Gorgon Protector (Shield: Attack 38, Defense: 40, 1 slot, +25 Physical Pierce). Needs:
- Gold Medal: 12,000,000 pure damage in less than 24 hours (before 144 hrs monster timer): +3 Skill Points (one-time award)
- Slay Fenix 5 times (1 million minimum damage + defense): +5 Favor Points
- Slay Fenix 5 times without heavily damaging wing or claw (5 million minimum damage + defense, wing and claw have > 75% health): +3 Skill Points (one-time award)
- Introduced: February 29, 2012
- Changed to Target Area monster when Urmek was introduced (April 16, 2012)
- Please help the Castle Age community by entering your loot data in THIS spreadsheet.