Essences are the raw material that are used in the Trade Market to acquire rune experience in order to increase the level of your personal Runes. When traded at the Trade Market, they will upgrade your personal Runes in order to get bonuses to your stats for Guild battles and normal gameplay. They can be obtained in three ways:
- through Monster drops (for Attack and Damage essences)
- through Excavation Quests (for Defense and Health essences)
- through Conquest Path Shop (for all essence types)
Monster Drops (Attack and Damage) Edit
At the moment, it appears that Essences will drop from monsters that have at least 300 million health.
- Monsters summoned through the normal Summon page will drop essences.
- Festival monsters from either Tower of Transcendence will not drop essences.
- Monsters summoned in Guild Conquest do drop essences, though this functionality was not working properly at first.
For each monster that does drop essences, either Attack or Damage essences will be dropped (depending on the monster), and only one quantity will be dropped. It appears to drop after a fairly consistent amount of stamina, so using smaller amounts of stamina will not increase your chances of getting more drops per stamina. Currently, this appears to take about 130 stamina, though it may vary by monster.
Additionally, when using multiplier generals like Orc King, Barbarus or Maalvus, when you use an amount of stamina that would normally yield 2 sets of drops, your stamina use will have a sort of 'backlog' where you can get the further 'overflow' drops by using 10 stamina attacks.
Epic Bosses Edit
Tower Bosses Edit
Epic Team Edit
Epic World Bosses Edit
|Lord of Darkness||108||-||-|
Special Bosses Edit
Co-op Bosses Edit
Excavation Quests (Defense and Health) Edit
There are 4 Excavation Quests available that will help you receive Defense and Health essences. They are located in the following quest areas:
Energy used per Quest level
- Level 1 Excavation: 300 Energy for level, 300 Energy total
- Level 2 Excavation: 400 Energy for level, 700 Energy total
- Level 3 Excavation: 500 Energy for level, 1200 Energy total
- Level 4 Excavation: 600 Energy for level, 1800 Energy total
Total needed for completion is 1800 Energy.
The following table shows for each land the amount of essence received per level, along with the amount of essence received per 100 energy used. The values are not cumulative; you collect only for the highest level achieved (either when the quest time is over, or when you manually collect before that time):