|This article is about a newly introduced element and may be missing information.|
If you wish to help, please examine what is missing and add it to the page.
Dominion is a new tournament-based feature, based on player vs. player battles. It is currently not available to enter.
Dominion is a tournament of 16 players of somewhat similar strength, battling out in a test of strength and strategy to be crowned the tournament's Dominator. Players may opt into the tournament once a day, with new tournaments running every hour.
Currently, the tournament is projected to have a 5 Favor Point entry fee, due to the significant draw of some of the rewards. All players will have a chance to earn Guild Coins, special Dominion items (worth attack or defense in the item archives), and hero leveling items for the top finishers.
- A tournament consists of 16 people competing, structured into four rounds.
- The first round has four 4-person pools, with each player being matched against three others. Players are given 150 tokens to use to attack the others. This round lasts for 10 minutes, with the top two point-earners in each pool advancing. After the first round, there is a 5 minute break.
- The second round has two 4-person pools, with the top players in the previous pools being re-seeded and split up. Players are given an additional 50 tokens to use, and points carry over from the previous round. This round lasts 10 minutes, and the top two scores in each pool advance to the third round. There is a 5 minute break after this round.
- The third round has a single 4-person pool. Players are given an additional 50 tokens, and points again carry over from the previous round. The top two players at the end of 10 minute advance to the final match. There is a 5 minute break after this round.
- The final match is a single one vs. one match between the two highest scorers. Players are given an additional 50 tokens to use. The highest score at the end of 10 minutes is crowned the victor and awarded the title of Dominator.
- Each player gets a separate dominion health value of 600 that is refilled at the start of each round.
- Duels and invasions follow the normal PvP formula for damage done: The winner of a battle takes somewhere from 2-6 damage, while the loser takes from 8-12 damage.
Each action a player makes will award them (or their opponent) with dominion points.
|Victory vs. Higher level||+6|
|Victory vs. Lower level||+5|
|Victory vs. stunned Higher Level||+5|
|Victory vs. stunned Lower Level||+4|
|Killing (bring to 0 health) opponent player||+80|
|Penalty for using tokens while stunned||-1 point from previous value|
There are two methods of earning rewards in Dominion.
The first method is based on your placing within the tournament. If you finish within the top three, you will earn special prizes like Hero Potions and Hero Crystals.
|Hero Potions||Hero Crystals||10 Favor Points|
|2x Random Potion||1x Hero Crystal||15% chance|
|1x random potion||1x Hero Crystal||10% chance|
|-||1x Hero Crystal||5% chance|
The second method is based on total point earnings for the tournament. There are currently 5 different tiers that you can end up on, with different rewards for each of them. Player will earn the reward only from the highest tier they qualify for. These rewards consist of Guild Coins and Emblems, which award stat points through the Item Archives.
- Introduced in beta (testing phase with no cost for players, with no actual rewards) on July 19, 2013.
- 100 is the minimum level to enter.