You have 168 hours to complete the battle before he flees.
|Name||Type||Divine||Breakpoint||Time to kill||5% Health (Conquest)|
|Baal, Stealer of Souls||Epic Boss||360||645||168 hours||41,500,000|
|Head||335 million||+15 (block 15%)||-10 (10% bonus)||0||0||+10 (block 10%)||Water Resist goes away and Fire Weakness enabled when Arm is defeated|
|Soulcage||335 million||+15 (block 15%)||-10 (10% bonus)||0||0||+10 (block 10%)||Water Resist goes away and Fire Weakness enabled when Soul Shield is defeated|
|Arm||80 million||+15 (block 15%)||0||0||0||+5 (block 5%)||Reduces damage to Head by up to 25%|
|Soul Shield||80 million||+15 (block 15%)||0||0||0||+5 (block 5%)||Reduces damage to Soulcage by up to 25%|
|1 Epic||2 Epics||Gold Medal|
|99%+||8.5 million||15.4 million||22.0 million|
|Source: Castle Age Monsters Damage/Loot Spreadsheet|
Baal has 830 Million health. Up to 155 people total may participate in the battle. Of these participants, only a set number can participate based on that player's level at the time of joining the battle.
- 60 people levels 150+
- 35 people levels 100-149
- 30 people levels 50-99
- 30 people levels 1-49
Baal has four different areas that can be attacked, each with its own health and resistance :
- Head (335 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Baal.
- Soulcage (335 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Baal.
- Arm (80 million health) - Dispatch to enable Fire Weakness on Head. Reduces damage to Head by a maximum of 25% while alive.
- Soul Shield (80 million health) - Dispatch to enable Fire Weakness on the Soulcage. Reduces damage to Soulcage by a maximum of 25% while alive.
- Dark Souls (1.25 million health) - Dark Souls are randomly summoned to players that are attacking all areas targets (Head, Soulcage, Arm or Soul Shield), and do not have Water Resistance. Only that specific player is able to attack the Soul, and the player is marked with a black symbol next to their name in the leaderboard. Damage done to it is not recorded on the leaderboard. Reduces damage to all others areas targets by a maximum of 27.5% with full life.
Baal's Head and Soulcage have Divine Armor. This armor requires 360 Divine Power to get full damage, and blocks a maximum of 30% with no Divine Power, degrading by 0.083333% for each point of Divine Power you have.
While fighting Baal, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Baal's Head and Soulcage and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Baal's Head and Soulcage has 670,000,000 HP
Thing to keep in mind: do not kill Head or Soulcage before the launch of the last weapon, as essentially half of the weapon is 'wasted' on the dead part.
|Click to display|
Before the Quest
You and your generals enter the cavernous room. Before you stands a monstrous demon with souls screaming from within bone cages and ethereal beings crying in agony above its shoulders. Baal is before you, devouring souls of all the living!
Baal, Stealer of Souls, stands before you in the massive underground cavern. Chaotica Cultists stream in from the portal like sheep to feed their souls in sacrifice. Cassandra must be near... but you must first deal with the demon!
You enter the expansive cavern and witness the carnage: Baal, Stealer of Souls relishing in the sacrifices brought to him by Cassandra. She must have urged her Chaotic Cultists into a trap... an offering for Baal. You sense dark energy barring your retreat... you cannot go back. The stream of cultists continue to pour through, unknowingly entering into their demise. Baal siphons the very life force from the hapless cultist. You form a phalanx with your generals around you. Your water elemental generals cast protective barriers over the formation. Baal turns his attention to your position and calls forth a barrage of violent souls that are sent crashing into the shield wall. Your formation is pushed back almost to the cavern wall before gaining a foothold. You counter attack, sending a torrent of spells against the ethereal souls.
You may have defeated Mephistopheles noble hero... but I... I have waited patiently for my time. I have devoured countless souls thanks to our beloved Cassandra. I would... suggest.... you not resist... I will make your unlife less... painful. Give yourself to me.
Baal's faint whispers poison your mind, worming deep into your soul. For a moment you feel weightless and helpless. Your generals try to snap you back to your senses, to no avail. To buy you more time the formation breaks and spreads apart to distract Baal, hurling spells from all sides. The soul-eating demon ensnares the unlucky few, lifting them high into the air to be consumed by angered spirits.
Ahhhhh.. their souls are.. delicious... powerful yes... BRING ME MORE!
A force of energy pulses from Baal, sending you and your generals staggering to the ground. The demon is clearly too powerful... more than anything you have ever faced. Anger rips through you as you climb to your feet, throwing your helmet to the side. A horde of souls surround you and pin you to the cavern wall. Is this the final end? To be trapped and encased inside the demonic entity known as Baal?
To your right a bright light appears, Cassandra herself stepping through. You notice a smile across her lips.. what is this madness? She calmly approaches Baal, her Chaotica Cultist eyeing her with fear and misguided hope. She turns to her followers.
"Oh come now darlings... I have given you to our new friend. Your souls are no longer your own. Baal is very hungry, you would do well to satisfy him." Cassandra levitates herself closer to Baal. "I imagine our arrangement is soon fulfilled?"
Baal raises a taloned finger towards you.
"Oh I see.. you again. Quite the troublesome hero are you not? I should learn to simply expect you where ever anything exciting happens. Regardless, Lord Baal, I believe we have an understanding. I am an impatient woman..."
The massive demon moves closer to Cassandra, touching the middle of her chest. Slowly a stream of screaming souls drift into her. She braces in pain, the power being absorbed. A cacophony of ethereal wailing explodes forth, the sounds unbearable. Soon the ritual concludes, the last soul slipping away. Cassandra seems more powerful now... a familiar aura surrounding her. Demi power.... you would never forget the feeling. Cassandra is now a true Demi-God! Crystals around the Chaotica Cultists bodies begin exploding open, releasing trace amounts of demi-power and quickly absorbing into Cassandra.
The enraged souls continue to keep you pinned... what could be done? You struggle violently only to be reinforced by more souls from Baal.
As the flow of Chaotica Cultists begins to lessen from the portal your arrived from, one in particular peels back his hood. A mighty warrior reveals himself, gleaming armor hidden within the red robes. On his back, a massive shield which he unslings. With a burst of power the warrior sends the souls pinning you down reeling back in pain.
The warrior looks towards the demon, "We meet again Lord Baal.. unfortunately not on the best of terms...". He quickly runs to your aide. "Come now.. I need all of your strength. Every ounce of focus.. every inch of steel. My name is Alperon and I am here to save you." You surge to your feet, rallying your wounded generals. Alperon tears off his robes and launches himself directly for Baal, his hammer crackling with blue-white energy. Time seems to slow as you witness the warrior crashing the weapon into Baal's bone-encased head, splintering pieces with a crack of pure energy.
Cassandra opens a portal and quickly escapes. You resist the urge to follow her, and turn towards Baal, unleashing a stream of flame as Alperon leaps clear. The fire licks over the demon, souls desperately trying to escape their cages encased within Baal. Fountains of water explode upwards from the ground dousing the flames and sending you crashing against the cavern wall once again. Baal attacks Alperon with a barrage of dark-soul magic but the warrior seems immune! Again and again the warrior crashes his hammer into the monster, bone fragments flying in all directions. You rally your forces to form on you and charge. You order one of your generals to blast the cavern ceiling which sends sharp debris crashing into Baal.
A terrifying bellowing roar erupts from Baal, stunning you and Alperon.
You fools.. you think can stop me. The very life of your realm flows through me. I am death. The reaping is here.. and it will come to pass. Your life force is great... enjoy it while it last.
Baal moves towards the portal, leaving the cavern. The demon disappears into the vortex, lingering souls drifting aimlessly behind him.
Alperon raises to his feet and moves towards you. "Worry not my friend... this is not the first time I have had to deal with Lord Baal. Make no mistake.. this is not the last we will see of the demon.. indeed Baal is on his way to the surface. We have not much time... but I will assist you. You have my hammer at your service." You nod in thanks... many questions burning in your mind. Who is this warrior? When has he faced Baal before? Why is he immune to much of Baal's powers? For now you are merely thankful to have such an ally against such a foe as Baal.
Together, you carry your wounded generals back through the portal.
Rewards While Fighting Baal
|Dark Soul Drops|
Fragment of Water Protection
108 Attack Essence
Rewards After Slaying Baal
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops|
Crown of Baal
Remnant of Baal
Bronze Ore of Physical Resistance
Bronze Ore of Physical Piercing
Dull Shard of Water Protection
Dull Shard of Water Fury
Dull Shard of Earth Protection
Dull Shard of Earth Fury
Loot Total Activity Threshold
Data in the spreadsheet seems to indicate that loot drops are based on Total Activity not just pure damage
Updated February 25, 2015, based on 1071 reports
- 1 Rare Drop
- Lowest: 855,006
- ~100%: 1.6 million (Highest with no Rare 1,568,162)
- 2 Rare Drops
- Lowest: 5,025,501
- ~100%: 8.4 million (Highest with 1 Rare: 8,323,678)
- 3 Rare Drops
- Lowest: 9,197,743
- ~100%: Unknown (Highest with 2 Rare: 95,528,501)
- Believe the 95M report to be incorrect. Looks like limit should be around 30M
- 1 Epic Drop
- Lowest: 5,022,703
- ~100%: 5.8 million (Highest with no Epic 5,700,609)
- 2 Epic Drops
- Lowest: 7,736,251
- ~100%: 12.4 million (Highest with 1 Epic: 12,324,216)
- 20 Remnant of Baal can be combined in alchemy to create Alperon (Hero, Attack 27/Defense:30) Currently unavailable for iOS with no reason given.
- 16 Remnant of Baal, along with 2 Soul Cages and 2 Crown of Baal, can be combined to create Soul Greaves, (Boots, 10 att/10 def, 30 Divine Power)
- 16 Fragment of Water Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Fury are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Fury
- 6 Dull Shard of Earth Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Earth Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Earth Fury are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Earth Fury
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Piercing are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Piercing
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Resistance are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Resistance
- Adversary Item Archive
- 5x Soul Greaves, +5 Attack each
- Legendary Item Archive
- 10x Soul Greaves, +5 Attack each.
- Gold Medal: 22.0 million pure damage in no more than 24 hours (before 144 hrs monster timer). One-time award 3 Skill Points.
- Slay Baal 5 Times (1,000,000 min dmg + def): 5 Favor Points
- Slay Baal 5 times while leaving Arm and Soul Shield at > 75% health (5,000,000 min dmg): 3 Skill Points
- Introduced October 21, 2012