Aspect of Death can be summoned on the Alchemy Summons page if you have an Orb of Death , which comes from Undead II, and are at least level 620.
You have 168 hours to complete the battle before he flees.
Basic Information Edit
Aspect of Death has 1.03 Billion health. Up to 160 people total may participate in the battle. Of these participants, only a set number can participate based on that player's level at the time of joining the battle.
- 100 people levels 500+
- 40 people levels 150-499
- 20 people levels 100-149
Special Information Edit
Target Areas Edit
Aspect of Death has four different areas that can be attacked, each with its own health and resistance :
- Head (422.5 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Aspect of Death.
- Beacon (422.5 million health) - Dispatch to defeat Aspect of Death.
- Scythe (92.5 million health) - Dispatch to enable Fire Weakness on the Head. Reduces damage to Head by a maximum of 27% while alive.
- Wings (92.5 million health) - Dispatch to enable Water Weakness on the Beacon. Reduces damage to Beacon by a maximum of 27% while alive.
Aspect of Death has Piercing, Water, Fire, Wind and Earth Resistances, and Fire and Water Weaknesses.
- Head - +18 Piercing Resistance (Max block 18%), +15 Fire Resistance (Max block 5%), -10 Water Weakness (Maximum bonus 10%, enabled when Scythe is defeated)
- Beacon - +18 Piercing Resistance (Max block 18%), +15 Water Resistance (Max block 5%), -10 Fire Weakness (Maximum bonus 10%, enabled when Wings is defeated)
- Scythe - +18 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 18%), +15 Earth Resistance (Max block 5%)
- Wings - +18 Piercing Resistance (Maximum block 18%), +15 Wind Resistance (Max block 5%)
All parts of Aspect of Death have Divine Armor. This armor requires 700 Divine Power to get full damage, and blocks a maximum of 30% with no Divine Power, degrading by 0.0428% for each point of Divine Power you have.
While fighting Aspect of Death, there are 5 siege weapons that can be launched to deal extra damage.
All Siege Weapons hit Aspect of Death's Head and Beacon and are unaffected by blocks and resistances.
*Aspect of Death's Head and Beacon has 845,000,000 HP
- Thing to keep in mind: do not kill Head or Beacon before the launch of the last weapon, as essentially half of the weapon is 'wasted' on the dead part (NOT CONFIRMED)
- confirmed weapon 5, 8/23/13. first one i've seen use all 5 weapons. cannot determine if weapons hit both or not, but it appears to be so
Before the QuestEdit
As you enter the Sanctum, an Aspect of Death awaits you. While it may not be Death itself, the Aspect is the very face of Death. Surprisingly the Aspect seems calm, as if waiting for your arrival. In Deaths hands lies the Harbinger Scythe!
Death awaits you...
Aspect of Death Summoned Edit
Aspect of Death Slain Edit
You forge your final path through last bastion in the Undead Realm, the Inner Sanctum.
You come across a harrowed thicket. It is here you see the Aspect of Death alone on a desolate hill. Beside him rests a barren tree, a gallows rope swaying from its branches. Here stands the figure of Death, forever vigilant - silently surveying the realms beyond with an unwavering stare. The smell of rot and decay fills the air. A voice echoes out reminiscent of a cold autumn wind brushing though the wilted leaves.
“Your arrival here has been foretold. Since the reign of Baal, no souls have passed my domain. Without his defeat, this world will perish. You have come seeking answers.”
Its rigid figure begins shift unfolding a pair of giant black wings. It draws forth an immaculate scythe and unhinges a lantern from the stock beside him. The lantern sparks to life with blue souls erupting from its base, twisting around Aspect's form moaning in silent terror.
“Fate has found us as opponents. We must now battle.”
Wielding the scythe like an extension of Death's own body, he dashes forward swinging the scythe in a mighty arc with such speed that it sends torrents of dust into the air. The dread welling up in your stomach tells you that even the tiniest scratch from this scythe would be your last. Even as you dodge, the scythe bends towards you following your movements as though it was alive. You manage to counter the Aspect of Death's swift strikes with your own. How can one defeat Death? A ray shoots out from the lantern knocking you to the ground. More souls pour from the lantern to surround the Aspect of Death. Seeing an opportunity, you lash out and catch the lantern with your sword pulling it from Aspect's grasp. You hold it above your head and then smash it against the ground. A bright light emits from its shattered core, a crackling energy causes the surrounding souls to dissipate, pushing back the Aspect of Death. You use this moment to move in for the kill.
“Your victory here has been foretold, your fate inevitable as my own.” The Aspect of Death smolders in front of you, its body seizing in horrific contortions as it phases in and out of its physical form. The scythe clatters to the ground. To wield the power of Death itself, comes at a terrible price. You reverently kneel to claim the Harbinger Scythe, another key to the puzzle of Baal's demise. As the Aspect of Death fades from view, whispers fill the air. “Death only begets death. The cycle will continue.”
A single rotten apple falls from the branches.
Rewards While Fighting Aspect of Death Edit
108 Attack Essence
Rewards After Slaying Aspect of Death Edit
|Rare Drops||Epic Drops||Legendary Drops|
Loot Damage Threshold Edit
- 1 Epic Drop = 8 million? (??%)
- 2 Epic Drop = 15 million? (??%)
- on September 9th, i personally did: 2 epics + Legendary: 12,522,202 pure damage, 13.3mill total activity
- legendary drop rate is very high at 15mill in pure damage. out of 9 AoD, i have only missed legendary once (at 15.8mill that time) and several friends report legendary drops consistently at 15mill in damage. think i'm up to a sample size of 50 AoD, with only missing legendary three times.
- others have reported a 100% Legendary drop rate at 20mill of pure damage, but legendary drops are notorious for never hitting 100% rates.
- Introduced June 27, 2013
- 20 Aspect Feathers, along with 3 Deaths Steps, 3 Deaths Beacon and 3 Harbinger Scythe, can be combined to create Deaths Embrace, (Magic, 45 att/45 def, 90 Divine Power)
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Protection are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Protection
- 6 Dull Shard of Water Fury are needed in alchemy to create Dull Gem of Water Fury
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Piercing are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Piercing
- 9 Bronze Ore of Physical Resistance are needed in alchemy to create Bronze Ingot of Physical Resistance